Thursday, July 5, 2007

"Hi, boys! Remember me?"

I have a pretty important court date coming up on Monday and frankly, I'm really nervous, so I need to tell a story that's making me laugh and that isn't about Ex.

Lauren has been talking to this guy online for about 6 or 7 months now. He lives several states away and until last week, they hadn't met. They had already become quite intimate via IM and video chatting, but she has wanted a face-to-face meeting for months now. When I say that they've become intimate, I don't mean just talk. I mean down and dirty naked intimacy, complete with adult toys with which I'm completely unfamiliar. Lauren had to explain their uses detail by detail to me because they are not your run of the mill Rabbit.

A couple of months ago, she went for a long weekend to his state with her girlfriend Tracy and Tracy's boyfriend, at which time she was supposed to meet up with Internet Man, who we'll call Pascal. He had asked Lauren to pack all of her various exotic toys for the weekend and she agreed. I was incredulous, not because of the fact that she was taking them, but rather because I was wondering about the logistics of getting through security.

"You're not carrying your baggage on the plane, are you?" I asked.

"No, of course not! Don't you remember that story with the woman whose vibrator went off in the security line and the guard had to fish it out and hold it up for the whole airport? I'm checking bags."

That weekend Pascal had a family emergency and they never ended up meeting, so she packed the toys for naught. However, when Lauren arrived in his state and unzipped the bag she had checked, she found a note from the ATF indicating that her entire bag had been emptied and the contents inspected. I laughed so hard at the thought, I could barely breathe.

"Can you imagine the faces on those security guys when they saw what you'd packed?"

"I don't even want to think of it."

"What do you want to bet that they took pictures with your toys that are now hanging on the wall at City Airport Security Office?"

We were both in hysterics with the mental image of Butch from the ATF posing with a strap-on and giving the old thumbs-up.

Last week, Lauren did meet Pascal. Before she left, I asked her if she was packing the same items and she responded in the affirmative. I have yet to hear all of the details of the encounter, but I did hear what is probably the funniest bit of information. Because she was flying out of the same airport on the same airline as she did previously and figured that her luggage would inevitably be searched again, she decided to include a note inside her checked bag.

It read, "Hi, boys, remember me?"

When she arrived at her destination and unzipped her bag, she had yet another ATF notice. This time, it had a handwritten addition.

"Sure do. Nice to see you again!"

6 comments:

Sarah said...

OH MY GOD. This Lauren is fabulous. I almost blew an eardrum, or a blood vessel or something trying to not laugh out loud at work.

Finally Free said...

Just wait until you hear a few more of Lauren's revenge tactics. Sure to make you pee in your pants laughing!

Lemon Gloria said...

OMG. I just laughed so hard. I LOVE this story!!! I am picking a weekend in August to come visit. I cannot wait to hang out with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiousity I linked from the Barmaid's Blog, love the name of your blog by the way. I read all your entries, your are so amusing! Thanks for the entertainment, sorry your ex is such an ass-that's why he's the ex! Can't wait to read more...

Finally Free said...

Lisa, you're always welcome here!

Gabcatz, thanks! I really can't take much of the credit. Ex has just given me too much material. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh when I really needed it. Just on my way through reading all your entries. Sounds like you're having a rough time of it, but I hope things improve for you, and it's good to see that you can see the bright side, at least most of the time =) (linked from barmaid, if you were wondering...)